Honor & Commitment Book Plus a QALO Thin Red Line Ring
Buy a QALO Thin Red Line Ring and get our new book for only $10
Our partners over at QALO are committed to strengthening marriages like us and have generously offered this bundle for only $34.95 mens / $30.95 womens. Proceeds of the Thin Red Line Ring support 24-7 COMMITMENT and the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
**Note if we are out of stock for your ring size, select QALO Gift Card and you will receive a postcard allowing you to order on their site **
Check Out Our Other Book Release Specials at this link:
PRE-ORDER SPECIAL! FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDERING A SINGLE BOOK BY APRIL 30.
Be generous and give.....BUY 2, GET 1 FREE with free shipping only through April 30
For the entire crew, 40% off a 10 Pack.
His & Hers Commitment Coins + Book Package
‘Honor & Commitment: Standard Life Operating Guidelines for Firefighters & Their Families’
Written by Lori Mercer, a firefighter wife and founder of 24-7 COMMITMENT, with encouragement from her husband Dan, this book goes beyond general self-help, relationship, or household tips and goes straight to the heart of the firefighter family.
In this book, you’ll find:
- Real-life stories from firefighter families, that only someone like you can relate to.
- Time-tested, realistic advice on everything from managing family schedules to what to do at home after a difficult call.
- Discussion questions to open up communication with your first family or your firefighter family.
- Support during the times when your marriage feels challenged by the fire life, and the encouragement and straightforward guidance you need to keep your connection strong.
- Carefully-chosen resources to help your whole family thrive.
And you’ll realize you’re not alone. Not one bit.
346 pages of stories, advice and resources for firefighters and their spouse with contributing authors such as:
- Frank Viscuso, CommonValor.com
- John Salka, FireCommandTraining.com
- John Dixon, InstructorJohnDixon.com
- Andrew Starnes, BringingBackBrotherhood.com
- Jason Brahn, 1stDueFit.com
- Dr. Karlie Moore, FitForDutyConsulting.com
- Ryan Pennington, ViewsFromTheJumpSeat.com
This book is the “A to Z” (not in alphabetic order by the way) of topics in the fire service that influence a family and situations in a family life that influence firefighting. It’s broken into sections such as:
- Balancing firefighting and family
- Worry & Fear
- Managing Schedules
- Kids of Firefighters
- Transitioning to/from home
- Family visits to the firehouse
- Connecting to your extended fire family
- Healthy Communication in Your Marriage
- Trust in Your Marriage
- Staying Intimately Connected
- Jealousy and Female Firefighters
- Dealing with difficult calls
- Line of Duty Death Preparedness and Support
- Holidays Away
- Academy, Medic School, Training and Promotional Processes
- Physical Health and Wellness
From the Introduction:
"How can we take those admirable firefighting traits—honor and commitment—and demonstrate them in all aspects of our lives? Can firefighters be admired in their community also for how they honor and are committed to their families? Sure, why not? Th is world certainly can use a few more role models, on and off “the court.” And that’s the mission of this book: To equip firefighters and their families to live a life of Honor and Commitment at home and on the job. And it starts with equipping our own fire families with training and knowledge and fortitude and love and patience and commitment."